The Stock Lead works closely with store management to ensure day-to-day operations of the stockroom. Processes shipment and maintains the organization of the stockroom. The Stockroom Lead is responsible for the flow of merchandise to the sales floor with the support of the stock team.
Oversees the Stock Associate (where applicable) but does not directly oversee any positions.
Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives shipment deliveries and ensures cartons are scanned in, as well as ensuring the processing and storing of product in a timely manner.
- Responsible for communicating new product arrivals and ensuring those products get to the sales floor in a timely manner.
- Prepares the layout of stockroom and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Advises team members on the care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped and educates team members on the backroom organization system, shipment processing, and sales floor replenishment.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedure to determine adequacy of stock levels
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock-control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintains neat organized stockroom, storage area and shipping/receiving area.
- Maintains efficient and accurate tracking and documentation of Batch Users to understand shipment delivery windows. Handles transfers, damaged merchandise, and returns.
- Participates in formal periodic inventory audits.
- Assists with product replenishment of the sales floor throughout the day.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to stand, walk, and perform other physical movement the majority of the work shift
- Ability to climb ladders or stairs
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
- Strong customer service skills
- 1 - 2 years of relevant stock supervisory experience required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Experience using POS systems, pricing guns, pricing printers, cardboard balers, and trash compactors
- Computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Applications such as Gmail, Google Hangouts, etc. a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and squat the majority of the work shift
- Manual dexterity required.
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to have manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms.
- Moderate: Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
Retail Locations: Works with the public in an indoor location that is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered moderate.
- Wednesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Monday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Labour Day - Sept. 5, 2022 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Thanksgiving - Oct. 10, 2022 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Remembrance Day - Nov. 11, 2022 1:00pm - 8:00pm
- Christmas Day - Dec. 25, 2022 Closed