Assistant Head Coach (Assistant Store Manager)
The Assistant Head Coach supports the Head Coach with all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the store including: sales, customer service, recruiting and training, coaching, and maintaining store standards. Supervises all store employees in the absence of the Head Coach, including enforcing company policies and procedures and corporate directives. Maintains effective corporate office business partner relationships.
Supervises store employees in the absence of the Head Coach (Store Manager). This role does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (% of Time, Essential/Marginal Function)
- Monitoring sales floor activities by walking and visually inspecting the store, make decisions regarding employee breaks, observe employee interactions with customers, and BOH assignments. (15%, Essential)
- Perform opening and closing tasks such as ensuring products are visually appealing for the next business day. (10%, Essential)
- Coach team members on sales strategy, presentation of product information and general customer service to uphold exceptional customer experience. (5%, Essential)
- Greet and assist customers, answer customer questions, and guide product selection in order to provide excellent customer service. (20%, Essential)
- Confirm sales targets are being met by monitoring hourly store and team member sales, and adjusting where necessary. (10%, Essential)
- Accept payment for customer purchases using POS machine. (5%, Marginal)
- Assist Stock Associate (if applicable at your location) in receiving and inspecting merchandise from the distribution center by counting and opening each box to ensure accurate number of product. (5%, Marginal)
- Audit sales and transaction reports for accuracy and discrepancies as part of a loss prevention strategy. (5%, Essential)
- Maintain store appearance throughout business hours by restocking merchandise shelves, folding apparel and organizing shoe displays. (10%, Marginal)
- Analyze store data (such as past sales metrics, projected sales numbers, comparisons of sales vs. associates on the floor, etc.) to devise a sales strategy. (15%, Essential)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge of selling techniques to promote and sell athletic footwear and apparel. This includes strategies on achieving expected sales goals.
- Uphold a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High sense of urgency.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of the processes of recruitment, selection, training, coaching and development of personnel.
- Skilled in communicating orally, verbally and in writing to staff and upper management
- Skilled at teaching, instructing and directing to develop specific skills towards achieving a specific goal.
- Ability to make sound decisions that benefits the organization and uses judgment to properly execute organizational goals.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including holidays, nights, weekends and overtime in order to fit business needs.
- 2-4 years of retail management experience, sporting or athletic industry preferred.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, etc.
- Google Applications such as Gmail, Google Hangouts, etc. a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and squat the majority of the work shift
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must have manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms.
- Moderate: Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
Retail Locations: Works with the public in an indoor location that is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered moderate.
- Monday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 9:30am - 9:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Canada Day - July 1, 2019 Closed
- Civic Holiday - Aug. 5, 2019 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Labour Day - Sept. 2, 2019 Closed
- Thanksgiving - Oct. 14, 2019 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Remembrance Day - Nov. 11, 2019 1:00pm - 6:00pm
- Christmas Day - Dec. 25, 2019 Closed
- New Year's Day - Jan. 1, 2020 Closed